The cost to paint the exterior of a 2 story house varies and depends on many factors. Painting a 2 story exterior residential home in Florida costs an average of $2.50 to $5.50 per Square foot. Again, the cost depending on the 3 main variables listed above. Those are 1. texture and or condition. 2. Height. and 3. Difficulty or access. The national avg cost for painting a 2 story house is between $3500-$17500 and up.
Learning how to properly paint can make your projects turn out beautifully. Follow the preparatory steps—don’t skip the details! .
Fix any damaged siding and try to solve any structural problems that lead to water damage or you’ll be painting again before you know it. 4) Wash the Siding Scrub vinyl siding to restore its color and vibrancy. ©Greg McGill / Shutterstock.com
Existing wood siding that is in rough condition must be scraped and sanded. You will need to remove paint that is cracked or peeling. This is essential for a successful, lasting paint job. Be sure to wear gloves, a dust mask, and protective goggles.
After that, you can start adding on additional aspects (ceilings, cabinets, wall designs, and more) to your rough estimate to finalize your bid. For estimating interior painting, measure the width of all the walls in a room and add those numbers together. Then multiply the result by the height of the room. This will give you the rough square footage of the painting surface. Subtract the square footage of windows and doors to get a more exact figure. For estimating exterior painting, measure the perimeter of the house, then measure the height of the house from the foundation to the roofline. Multiply the two numbers to get the rough square footage of the painting surface. Subtract the square footage of windows and doors for a precise number. Painting Labor Cost
Painting labor costs $20 to $50 per hour, depending on their skill level and productivity. Painters’ estimates should include materials, labor, and the cost of paint. Typically, a professional's labor will make up over 80% of the final cost, while paint and materials account for the remaining 20%.
There are quite a few factors to consider before making the final decision on who will paint your home. The questions below will help you weigh both the pros and cons with an open mind — from cost and equipment to safety and size. 7 questions to ask yourself when deciding who should do the painting work: 1. When was my home built?
A typical one- or two-story home will usually take a pro several days (about 70 – 120 work hours) to paint. National average labor rates range from $26 to $79 per hour per painter.
A gallon of paint costs between $15 and $40 per gallon with professional painters getting an average 30% discount compared to home improvement store prices. One gallon of paint covers 400 square feet, and you'll need 2 to 3 gallons to paint an average bedroom.
Our professional paint experts are ready to update your older home’s interior and exterior while retaining its character and charm. Contact us today for a free painting quote.
I got several quotes from painters in the area to paint my house. One guy was almost a no show to the estimate (only came hours late after I called him) and took weeks to provide me with a quote, another guy was just too new and had no reviews or portfolio. Although House Painting Inc was more expensive than the others, I went with them because of the extensive information I was given at the estimate that he showed up to on time. I was shown lots of hand written reviews, before and after photos, current license and insurance. He took the time to go over every little spot of my house and provided me with a quote within a day.
Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker. Or purchase a subscription for unlimited access to real news you can count on.
Meet our editorial team, see our book, and get the inside scoop on upcoming Gardenista events.
Over 80% of coating failures are attributed to improper surface preparation. The method of preparation depends on the surface material, the environment, and how long the coating is expected to last.
Beautiful, I am currently in the process of painting my current home can you please tell me what the paint color is of this white?
If you chose "Other" please describe here:Please give us more details about your project*Type* When are you looking to have this service performed?Preferred Date of Service* MM slash DD slash YYYY
Yes, you can mix interior and exterior paints as long as they have the same base. You can even mix a flat and a semi-gloss paint as long as they are both either oil-based or water-based. Be sure to combine both paints in a clean container and thoroughly mix the paints.